To understand how to send a useful bug report, please follow the instructions written below:
- To fix a bug, I need to see a list of steps that cause the bug to happen 100% of the time. This is extremely important. Without a set of "repro steps", I can’t reproduce the bug or try to fix it.
- If you figure out a set of steps that reliably causes the bug to happen, then please tell me what those steps are. If you can't give me extremely clear instructions on exactly how to replicate the bug that you found, then don't bother sending me a bug report. If I cannot experience the bug for myself, then I won't be able to fix it.
Here is some more important information to keep in mind when reporting a bug:
- DO NOT report bugs that can only occur when you are using debug commands. Debug commands will not be available in the final game, so it's pointless to report bugs that result from them.
- DO NOT report bugs that you saw in a Let's Play video. New builds are updated very frequently, so YouTube videos become outdated very quickly.
- DO NOT report a bug unless you are running the latest version of the game.
- DO NOT use vague language. Use extremely specific and clear language.
- DO NOT attempt to tell jokes in your bug report. Only give me the facts.
- DO NOT report a bug if you can't explain how I can encounter it.
- ONLY report a bug if you can successfully trigger the bug any time you try to make it happen.
- ONLY report a bug if you can can tell me exactly what I must do to experience it for myself.
- It isn't necessary, but if you can send me video footage of the bug that you're reporting, this would help me out a lot.
If all of these criteria are met, head to the Contact page and report the bug you found.
Blood and Gore
- If multiple teachers witness a corpse, they will all call the police even though only one of them needs to call the police, and they will have difficulty pathfinding to a position around the corpse.
Resetting the day after investing Study Points doesn’t reset the Study Points.
If you kill a student, they can still post messages on social media.
Not a Bug
- If you see this, or if you can’t see any text displaying when you try to play the game, it means that your download was corrupted, or your anti-virus software made a mistake and deleted some of Yandere Simulator’s files. The only solution is to re-download the game.
The lighting inside of bathrooms works differently than the lighting everywhere else in the game. This is intentional for now.
The appearance / behavior of a dead Titan corpse is intentional, not a bug.